The Drupal Developer role provides support to a government client by participating in the design and implementation of web applications using cutting-edge web technologies and will also participate in various software engineering projects using advanced development patterns and component-based architecture. You will actively collaborate with the team in ongoing product development, including design, development, review, integration, test, and deployment activities. You will work with the development team to build new products and services within the cabinet-level government agencies. You will analyze the needs and the environment to help make sure the solution the team develops considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements.
The Drupal Developer day-to-day functions will be to:
- Act as subject matter expert in front-end web development
- Ensure development and maintenance of the website including primary oversite of its functionality.
- Coordinate with content authors, agency managers, and end users to ensure the agency’s website and digital platforms meet requirements.
- Proactively recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Participate in design brainstorming sessions, technical design reviews, formal code reviews
- Site quality assurance (QA), and functional walkthroughs
- Develop site maintenance processes/procedures
- Prepare and present recommendations regarding content, security, features, standards, and creative new approaches for the use of web technology
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new front-end web development technologies and apply them to enhance the usability and efficiency of the website.
- Ensures assigned tasks and projects are completed on schedule
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials
- Complete other ad hoc assignments, as determined
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS||• HS Diploma or GED • Ability to obtain Public Trust suitability • 4+ years of experience in planning, designing, developing, testing, and implementing WordPress and Drupal content management systems. • 4+ years in user interface (UI) design/presentation or front-end web development • 4+ years in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, and GitHub • Understand site performance, web analytics, and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques • Must be self-directed and able to work with an extended, remote team to deliver products in a timely manner • Able to translate technical details to non-technical language for non-technical team members • Be self-driven and possess the ability to work with minimal guidance or supervision.|
|TECHNICAL SKILLS||• Experience with Drupal 8 preferred • Experience with working in an Agile development environment • Experience with test-driven development and unit testing tools • Experience with source control management systems, including Git • Experience with the migration of existing CMS content into Drupal via the Migrate module • Experience with Drupal modules, including feeds, Groups, Open LDAP, Simple SAML, and OAuth|
|DESIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS||• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Web Development, Computer Science, or related field • 6+ years of experience working with Drupal and/or WordPress content management systems (CMS) • 6+ years in website management, technology • Experience with RESTful Web Service|