Ascension is seeking a Business Development Analyst who is motivated, hands-on, and customer-oriented individual who would be capable and responsible for providing planning, management, and coordination of sales, proposal, and related capture activities. This position requires drive, determination and ability to collect business intelligence, maintain and expanding business and customer relationships, and managing the capture lifecycle at a high level of output, quality and success. The Business Development Analyst will be based out of our Cheltenham, MD office; however, candidates are given the option work remotely with occasional travel, as needed.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities will include:
• Monitor, research, and analyze established databases such as GovTribe, USASpending.gov, SAM.gov, FPDS-NG, GSA eBuy, as well as other industry tools and government sites to gather industry and government market details, and complete analysis on new business opportunities.
• Analyze draft and final federal market (Civilian/DOD) solicitations and provide assessments for pursuit per Ascension’s internal processes
• Identify and assist in responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Sources Sought notices (SSNs) issued by the Federal/State Government and/or commercial companies.
• Perform research on specific proposal and business development (BD) opportunities to gain accurate budget, incumbent information, and release dates. Includes research of competitors, market insights, customer demographics, potential partners and more.
• Prepare assessment presentations for bid/no-bid decisions
• Collect, analyze, and interpret data to derive qualified recommendations and assessments, competitive strategies, and approaches. Including identifying potential teaming partners.
• Attend various forums related to Ascension’s business interests such as industry days and association meetings
• Participate in planning, proposal kick off, and post kick off meetings and effectively lead proposals for compliant and compelling offers.
• Develop, maintain, and advance client and potential partner relationships through contacts, communicating Ascension core capabilities and interactions to promote Ascension
|Job Category||Business and Management|
|REQUIRED SKILLS||Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a security clearance.; Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision; Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes; Proactively identify new business opportunities. Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.|
|TECHNICAL SKILLS||• Business Analysis: 4 years (Preferred) • Project Management, 6 years (Preferred) • PMP or PMI-ACP (Preferred) • Sales and Marketing 4 years (Preferred) • Government Contracting: 4 years (Preferred)|
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS||• Bachelor's degree with 2 years' experience with the Business Development Life Cycle (BDLC) in a federal government contracting environment • Federal Government contracting experience supporting DHS and DoD clients. • Solid understanding of legal, regulatory, and guiding frameworks (e.g. NAICS Codes, FAR, DFAR) • Demonstrated experience developing and executing successful capture strategies with focus on competitive discriminators and detailed capture plans • Demonstrable experience working with all contract types including indefinite delivery/indefinite quantities (IDIQs) • Candidate must be team-oriented with excellent oral and written communications skills • Confidence and experience dealing with senior leadership. • Ability to collaborate with diverse times and work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment. • Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the Ascension programs and capture efforts.|