The Facilities/Space Planner role provides support to a government client by preparing architectural, furniture, and space allocation drawings using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) tools, assimilating redline drawings into master CAD files, and managing master CAD files to ensure accuracy and consistency. The ideal candidate will conduct space audits, provide drafting services with the use of AutoCAD and assist with designing and drafting space solutions. The candidate will maintain and enhance facilities data by reviewing and introducing changes based on requirements and by applying industry trends, emerging technologies, standards, and new vendor offerings. Collaborate with technical and application teams to identify, evaluate, and recommend technical solutions to support project and systems requirements. The candidate should be self-driven and possess the ability to work in an ambiguous environment with minimal guidance or supervision.
The Facilities/Space Planner’s day-to-day functions will be to:
• Survey space, prepare existing situation drawings, code issues
• Prepare Program of Requirements, develop/update space standards, and design layout of spaces.
• Attend client meetings to collect requirements, provide metrics, present findings, and recommendation, and obtain approvals to proceed when required.
• Analyze space requirements and provide conceptual space plans and recommendations to real estate team(s) and/or stakeholders
• Audit, maintain, and report on occupancy data within the system of record. May be required to manage space walks for validation and update of occupancy metrics. Work with Occupancy Management team to incorporate analytics into appropriate reporting.
• Develop and execute migration/swing plan and move lists based on physical space requirements. Partners with other departments on move and relocation sequencing and execution.
• Produce project designs, plans and specifications as required using AutoCAD, Visio, or other 3D software.
• Produce drawings and presentations for internal stakeholder(s) and client facing steering committee meetings (Workplace Managers, Business Unit Directors, Leadership, etc.) for review and feedback; involve project management staff as appropriate for move and construction services.
• May have responsibility to furniture inventory or act as liaison with furniture vendor to solution client requests.
• Acts as a single point of contact for relevant systems/processes in subject teams and day-to-day functions.
• Other duties may be assigned.
|Job Category||Facilities/Space Planner|
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS||• Undergraduate degree in Architecture/Planning or Interior Design • Professional license or certification preferred, but not required • Ability to navigate multiple projects, of varying size and scope, concurrently. • 5-8 years of experience with the entire project lifecycle, from master planning through post-occupancy. • Understanding of planning and design process, requirements development, and conceptual and design development. • Working knowledge of LEED criteria|
|REQUIRED SKILLS||• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills • Effective presentation skills (to develop briefings, as necessary) • Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills • Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities • Team-oriented, with strong leadership thorough and relationship management skills; willing to work collaboratively with project team members.|
|TECHNICAL SKILLS||• Proficient in AutoCAD, Visio, and/or 3D modeling software • Proficient in Microsoft Project, Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel|