Facilities Management/Space Planning Project Manager–2022P-0003
The Facilities Management/Space Planning Project Manager role requires an understanding of construction administration services for government facilities, as well as the project lifecycle, from master planning through post-occupancy. The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented, organized planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently. The candidate should be self-driven and possess the ability to work in an ambiguous environment with minimal guidance or supervision. As such, the candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, constructing the solution, and managing multiple priorities. The candidate should have a strong, comprehensive knowledge of building codes, zoning, jurisdictional processes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques. The candidate will lead project teams through design and delivery processes, on various commercial development, renovation and/or construction projects that help deliver the best service and outcomes for our customers.
The Facilities Management/Space Planning Project Manager’s day-to-day functions will be to:
• Manage multiple projects at any given time. Directs teams and coordinates with consultants and clients.
• Understand the planning and design process, requirements development, and conceptual and design development.
• Lead project team through design and delivery processes, on various development, renovation and/or construction projects.
• Prepare/Review project schedules and cost estimates, monitor budgets, contractual obligations, and deliverables for various development, renovation and/or construction projects.
• Perform a variety of construction administration services including punch list walk-through, review of shop drawings and change orders, conduct field observations, prepare meeting minutes, and respond to payment application requests
• Manage workflow and production of deliverables of the team.
• Assist in the production of project designs, plans and specifications as required using AutoCAD, Visio, or other 3D software.
• Interface with clients, contractors, consultants, and permitting officials; successfully manage client expectations, team communication; and provide oversight of consultant coordination.
• Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to resolve complex design challenges.
• Utilize hand sketches and 3D software to communicate design concepts and details.
• Provide ongoing QA/QC of project deliverables.
• Make decisions that ensure both profitability and design quality.
• Maintain ongoing, positive, and productive client relationships through successful project delivery.
• Work hard but play hard as well…actively contributing to office activities, cultural initiatives and learning opportunities.
|Job Category||Facilities Management|
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS||• Undergraduate degree in Architecture/Planning or Interior Design • Professional license or certification preferred, but not required • Ability to navigate multiple projects, of varying size and scope, concurrently. • 5-8 years of experience with the entire project lifecycle, from master planning through post-occupancy. • 5-8 years of experience in project management (preferably in development, renovation and/or construction projects) • Understanding of planning and design process, requirements development, and conceptual and design development. • Working knowledge of LEED criteria.|
|REQUIRED SKILLS||• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills • Effective presentation skills (to develop briefings, as necessary) • Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills • Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities • Team-oriented, with strong leadership thorough and relationship management skills; willing to work collaboratively with project team members.|
|TECHNICAL SKILLS||• Proficient in AutoCAD, Visio, and/or 3D modeling software • Proficient in Microsoft Project, Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel|